If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away---Henry David Thoreau

Monday, April 19, 2010

Fiery Pacman and Pirate: by Gavin Brown and Leo Hartshorn

















My grandson, Gavin Brown who we are raising, loves to draw. He is 5 and will turn 6 April 30. Some of his love for drawing is probably due to my own love for art and drawing. Sometimes when I am drawing at my art table he will pull up a TV tray, grab his stack of of pens, pencils, crayons and drawing pad and begin drawing right behind me.

Some of his drawing is pretty detailed for a 5 year old. I thought I would take some of the characters that he draws, put them into a composition, color them, and add a background. Here is my first attempt at an artistic collaboration.

No comments:

Post a Comment