If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away---Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Brom: Illustrator of the Macabre

Since starting my blog for Halloween I have done an entry featuring an artist who illustrates the dark side. My last two entries for Halloween were Laurie Lipton and Chris Mars. For Halloween 2010 I offer you Brom an illustrator from Seattle, Washington, who started working professionally at age 20. He paints in classic Frank Frazetta fantasy style, but adds a dark, gothic twist with macabre subject matter. Brom was concept artist for one of my favorite movies Van Helsing. His artwork has been published in two books Darkwerks and Offerings. Here are some of his dark works.










No comments:

Post a Comment